My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Monday, December 13, 2010

London

Okay, where do I start. This weekend we went to London England. It was AMAZING. It is officially my favorite place in Europe. We managed to fill the memory card on the camera to capacity and run the battery out. Both of which we have never done. So we must have really been having a good time. It was a little cold out so we stayed on the tour bus as much as possible. I have to say the shopping in London is AWESOME. I would love to win the lottery and go back and do nothing but shop. I think they had just about every store I could possibly want to shop in. London also has many American Restaurants which I was excited to see because I miss good ol American restaurants. London must have an abundance of wealthy people as well. I saw more Aston Martins, Bentley's, Audi's, Lamborghini's etc than I even knew existed.  It was pretty cool to see all those cars that you normally only see on TV. 
For a few weeks now I have been craving a maple bar (donut). I was super excited when we saw Krispy Kreme. I was able to get a maple donut. I was so happy. It was the perfect ending to an awesome trip.
The ONLY part of London I didn't like was the exchange rate. Highway robbery. 
The Mr has had a cold for a while now and we decided to stop in a little drug store to get him some medicine for the ride home. Well, it was SO nice to be able to walk into the store and read all the labels and know what we were buying. It was especially nice that we even recognized brands that are sold in the US. Not something that happens very often here in Germany and probably would have stressed me out. 
Sorry, this is just a bunch of randomness. I really enjoyed London!! Okay, I LOVED London :) 
-The Mrs

No comments:

Post a Comment