My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Bed Rest 101

So, while The Mr is out for a run I figured I can catch up on here.
My one week of bed rest was a super long week. I didn't think it was ever going to end. I literally spent all day in bed. I only got out of bed to go to the restroom and take a shower. I have never looked forward to a shower so much before. It was just nice to know I was going to be able to get out of bed for a little while. I hated not being able to get up and grab whatever I wanted from the kitchen. Thank the lord for an amazing husband. Amazing is actually an understatement. I can not stress how awesome of a job he did at taking care of me.  I am super grateful that with his job he was able to leave when needed as well. He woke up a couple minutes early in the am to make me oatmeal and fill up my water before he left for work so I didn't need to worry about anything while he was gone. Then he came home at lunch and fixed me something to eat and refilled my water again. THEN, he would come home after a day at work and make us dinner. Let me add, The Mr is an amazing cook. I feel bad that he has to eat my cooking b/c it is no where as good as his cooking. On top of all that, he kept the house clean and kept up with the dishes. I seriously couldn't ask for a better husband!
Its amazing how much you miss little things when on bed rest. I have never wanted to clean my house more. I just wanted to get up and so SOMETHING, anything really. We have a huge window in our bedroom so I can see outside and see all the beautiful weather. It would have been nice to just step outside and feel the fresh air.
I was super happy when my Doctors appointment day finally arrived. I was nervous that he might find some reason to keep me on bed rest but excited at the same time to just get out of the house. Luckily everything went perfect at the appointment. At the very end when the Dr asks if I have any questions, I was SUPER nervous to ask if I was released from bed rest and could fly back to the states. Luckily, he released me from bed rest AND said I am a-okay to fly.  WOOHOOO!!!!
Oh I guess I should update on Chango since he is probably what most people are interested in. He is doing very well. He is almost 3 lbs now. Everything looks good. Dr checked my amniotic fluid and said its normal. So Chango is good, he is a little wild in the womb some days. I am pretty thankful he either can't or just hasn't started attacking my ribs yet. I hear about how painful that is and  Im not too excited about it. He is still breech at the point as well. Once again, Dr is not concerned about it. Once we get back to Germany we will start our every 2 weeks appointments. Kind of scary knowing that we will be that close to our due date.
So I guess that is all for now. Will probably update and add pics once we get back to Germany.
For now we are going to enjoy Texas and family. Two graduations to attend this weekend, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment