My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

School

So as most people know, I am a full time student. I go full time year round and then usually full time in the summer as well. This was my plan when we got here so that I would graduate right around the time we PCS out of Germany. I want to be done and graduated before we leave back to the states for a couple reasons. One major reason is that I will complete my entire degree through one school and wont have to worry about transferring credits and wasting time retaking classes. The other big reason is that if by some crazy luck we end up in Texas near family I know I will not go back to school. I would rather hang out with family, sad but true. So this going full time plan has worked just fine so far. I take two classes each session with 4 sessions total through the year and then I take two more classes during summer session and so far I am right on track to graduate right when we should PCS out of here. 
Well, with the baby coming obviously things are going to change. I am determined to not let having a baby change my goal or hold it back. He shouldn't change anything unless there are complications of some sort and I need to be home 24/7. I hit my first bump in the road this summer session. As mentioned, I normally take 2 classes in summer. First of all I had to go online for summer because we went to the States and I would have missed too much class time if I went face to face, no big deal. We then decided I should only take 1 class this summer because the last week of classes aka FINALS would be the same week Chango is due. So I only enrolled in one class for summer. Well, I logged on the weekend before classes started to only find out that the class had been canceled due to low enrollment. UGH!! I guess no one else wants to take Spanish LOL. So I have no classes this summer. I haven't actually sat down yet to see how much that is going to throw me off for graduation. I think I will be okay as long as I pass all my classes the first try. At the worst I might have to take an extra elective next summer or something to be on the safe side.
Bump number two hit this week. I stopped into the education center last week because I was awarded a $500 grant for summer session, well since the class was canceled I needed to make sure the money wasn't disbursed to me since I was no longer eligible. Luckily, it was an easy fix, no problems! While sitting there I decided to see what is being offered Fall session 1. The base does not offer very many upper level face to face classes very often. Usually they have to be online. So when classes come up that are specific to my major or minor I jump on it. Of course they are going to be offering two upper level courses that I would love love to take face to face. One is for my major Human Resources Mgmt. Great news right? No not really. Classes start August 22nd. I am due August 24th. So here is the bump, do I enroll in face to face or just cut my losses and go online for fall session one? Decisions decisions. I wish I knew how long it would take me to recover from birth. If I could manage only missing a week of classes, I would enroll and go face to face. However, I know some people can barely move for weeks after birth. I would also risk that I end up with a c-section and really have a rough recovery. Its not the end of the world if I dont go face to face. I just wish I was able to.
I am determined to stay enrolled in school and keep going full time. Hopefully they offer classes I need Fall session 2 so I can get back into the classroom setting. Thank goodness for my husbands work schedule that will allow for me to stay in school and he can be home with Chango while I am in class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment