My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Texas Vacay

Well, we are back in Germany. Spent two awesome, super bust weeks in Texas. Two weeks is not long enough but better than no time at all. Went to two High School Graduations. Super proud of The Mr's three cousins that graduated. Always good to see people achieve these life milestones.
 Me, Cousin, The Mr at Her Graduation

Attended a graduation dinner with the side of The Mr's family that we never see. Was really nice to meet some of them and spend time with them. Always good to see family. Spent a SUPER busy weekend at the cabin with the other side of The Mr's family for another graduation dinner/celebration. Lots of good times of laughs. Memories were made that will last a life time.
 The Mr with his cousin feeding a deer at the cabin

Sunday June 12th, I was surprised with a baby shower. Was super excited to see lots of family from out of town had drove in to celebrate with us. Means more than words can express. Super thankful to all of those that were involved in the planning. I am not exactly sure who did what, well because it was a surprise and I had no part of it. However, THANK YOU, to anyone and everyone involved.
Part of the attendees

One of the best surprises ever was a good friend from our last base showing up. She is an awesome friend and I love her to death. Seeing her meant the World to me. Friends like that only come once in a lifetime and even though we only spent a few hours together, it means so much.
With our good friends!!
Chango is already super spoiled! He ended up with a full suitcase of clothes all of his own to come home with AND we shipped back 4 large boxes that were filled to the max with all things for him. I would say about 99% of that was gifts, we purchased very little ourselves WOOHOO! Not sure where we will put everything when it arrives, guess I need to make more room for him HAHA.

These trips back home really make me homesick. Nothing compares to the United States. I know some people love being in Germany, but I would much rather be in The States. I am so ready for the day when The Mr has orders back. It may have been over 100 degrees and HOT there but I will deal with it if it means spending time with our families. Hopefully, God willing, we can make a month long trip back for the Holidays.
We dont have very many pics from the trip because we kept forgetting to get the camera out and then it ran out of memory OOPS.  Hopefully the family will email me some so that I have more.
Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment