My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WOW!

I can not believe that we are already in September. Where has time gone? This Thursday The Kid will be 6 weeks old already. That also means I will be 6 weeks postpartum! First an update on The Kid. He is doing great. Starting to have a stubborn personality. Just ask his photographer! We have been battling cradle cap and baby acne for what seems like forever now. I know it will go away but I just want his pretty newborn perfect skin back. He eats eats and eats some more. Its amazing how much he eats. As long as he has a full belly he is happy. BUT if we take too long getting his bottle to him he lets us know. He is already growing out of all his newborn clothes. The other day he wore a 3 months onesie, yeah he is not 3 months yet!! He is too short for other 3 months clothes but the onsies fit him just right, crazy! He also had his first diaper rash. Sad day that was! I felt really bad. We ran out of one brand of diapers that day and wipes so we switched both to a new brand. We were still using baby-shower gift diapers but ran out of the Pampers finally (yes were 5 weeks in just ran out of those) so we went to another brand. We have only been using WalMart brand Parents Choice wipes on him but I ordered them through the mail and we ran out so we swapped back to some from one of the Baby-showers. He had a rash QUICK. So we busted open the Parents Choice Diapers and had about half a pack of Parents Choice Wipes in his diaper bag. I made a call to my mom to ask her what a good home remedy was. She said corn starch. I knew of this but wasn't sure how to go about it. Thank goodness for moms!! Anyways, with all Parents Choice items, washcloths and corn starch, it took only 3 days his rash is completely gone!! So now we have a ton of diapers left over. I hadn't even realized how many diapers we got from the baby-showers until I realized we still haven't run out of them. What awesome friends and family The Kid has!
So all is well here. The Mr and I stay busy between school and parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment