My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

We did it!

We survived day 2 of daycare. Well, we refer to it as school. Ever since the kid understood his neighbor friend went to school all day he has asked to go too. Day 2 was easy for the kid. Once again he said bye, love you and sent me on my way. Didn't even get up from playing with some trains to give me a hug. I figured day 2 was a good test. Now he understands he is going to be there all day, would he stay or would he say heck no you're not leaving me here all day again! He was a-ok being there again. Of course I have a hard time being gone from him all day. It is easier though since he is happy there and wants to be there. I don't even know what I would do if he cried every time I dropped him off. Well I am sure I would cry too. I keep telling myself that it's good for him. His teacher truly is a teacher (no she really has an education in teaching) and has a passion for teaching kids. I am excited to see how much he learns. The first day she let me know they read a story before nap time. I didn't ask about it but asked the kid when we got home. He kept talking about Mac & Cheese. Huh? I was like yeah okay whatever LOL I didn't know why he was talking about Mac & cheese. So yesterday I asked her what the story was about and she said MAC & CHEESE! My baby really paid attention lol she said he doesn't like to stay sitting for the story so she was surprised he was really listening. He even asked to hear it again for story time yesterday. I just love him! 
It is crazy how fast my little man is growing up. He will be THREE in a couple weeks. We are gearing up for his birthday party! I can't wait to see if he goes down the waterslide. I'm sure as soon as he sees the kid from next door do it he will go too...I hope! 
Hopefully headed to the lake today so the guys can get some fishing done and we can have some BBQ! I should mention I love being back home in Texas with family. I should blog about it ;) 
Someone likes selfies!
Learned from his Tia Alice
Such a big boy now...helping dad measure!




No comments:

Post a Comment