My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

More mini Vacay

Day 3
We fully intended on waking up early early Saturday morning and heading to New York City. Well it took us a while to get going. Then we headed off to Ihop YUMMY with our friends. Well the weather was horrible. It actually started snowing while we were eating breakfast. While at breakfast we decided to go ahead and skip NYC for the day. I was not about to have Chango out in that weather and I don't like to be wet and cold so I knew it was a bad idea. Good thing everyone agreed. Oh yeah, before breakfast we stopped at a WalMart to pick up umbrellas. WOOHOO WALMART!!! Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE WalMart. Went in for an umbrella and came out with gloves, jerky, gum (that The Mr & his cousin made fun of me for, haters). Man I love me some WalMart. So anyways, after breakfast we headed to a local mall. Well, when I say local I mean 5000 miles away. As much as I love the States, it was annoying having to drive 20min to get anywhere. Oh well, at least I could read the signs etc on the way :D. It was so so nice to be in a real mall. Good Times!! The rain was nasty out still when we left. We headed to dinner at OLIVE GARDEN woohoo...another American restaurant I like. Of course I know its not authentic Italian but I still like it. They even had my favorite desert of theirs, Pumpkin Cheesecake. That stuff is delicious. I  ate it all by myself. Then it was back to the room to get some rest.
Here we are at Build-A-Bear. Chango made his first bear!! 
Day 4
YAY, NEW YORK CITY!! We woke up nice and early again . Pretty sure we got very little sleep on this trip LOL. We stopped at Mickey D's for breakfast real quick and headed to Penn Station to catch the train to the WTC site.  Here are pics from the day...not much to say other than it was tons of fun!!! PS, hope you can hold it when you visit, no public restrooms anywhere! ha! 
 On the Hop On Hop Off, Double Decker bus tour

 Times Square
 Whats left of the Twin Towers!
We had to return early from NYC because The Mr and his friend were headed to an Eagles game (the purpose of the trip). He didnt get home until SUPER late and we had to be up SUPER early to take his cousin to the airport for her plane ride home.
The Mr at the game! Eagles WON!!! 
Day 5
We woke up at like 3am to take The Mr's cousin to the airport. We got back to the room around 6am and thought we would get some sleep WRONG. I decided to go ahead and start packing because we were going to try and fly out that night. After packing we decided to go ahead and wait until the following day and fly out of a different airport so that we would be on a commercial plane rather than the cold loud military planes. So we got dressed and headed out to go shopping!!! I was going to put the address of a mall I wanted to go to into the GPS but then I saw an Outlet Mall on the GPS. So I decided to go ahead and go there instead. Glad we did. We got some great deals and got lots of shopping done. We actually ended up buying another bag in order to fit everything in. For dinner we picked up food from a Mexican restaurant. Okay, we would have gone in and sat by Chango was beyond fussy. He wasn't having it. I think he had enough of being his car seat. He was in it to fly and all day in NYC. I think he just wanted to relax. Anyways, horrible Mexican food. Super disappointed. Cant wait to go to Texas in Dec and have good stuff!!
This is Chango with the first relative on either side that he met, at like 4am LOL!!

Day 6
Sad sad day. Woke up to head back to Germany. BOO!! We met with our friends to go have some Sonic. YAY, cherry limeade, my fav!! Then we headed to Baltimore to catch our late night flight. Nothing too exciting here. Here is Chango in his stroller like a big boy LOL. I wanted him out of his car seat because I knew he would be stuck in it for the eight hour plane ride. 
 We finally made it back to Germany, exhausted beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment