My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

I have a few things to touch on today.
First and most important, Chango. He and I ventured out in the cold yesterday for a WIC appointment. He weighed in at a whopping 14lbs 12oz. He is 24 3/4 in long. For both height and weight he comes in at the 75%. He fluctuates so much it amazes me. Good news, I still get my WIC vouchers, YAY eggs and milk hahahaha. Bad news, in two weeks he goes in for his 4 month shots. SHOTS!!!! I hate when he gets shots. I am a worry wart, so it makes me crazy. He seemed to handle the first set well, lets pray he does well again this round.
Onto 11.11.11 news. Today my oldest niece turned 21. Yes I have a niece of legal drinking age. CRAZY!! She is honestly one of the brightest most intelligent people I have ever met. Since she was a little girl she has been super smart... amazing smart. When I think about her age, I am amazed that there is a 21 year difference between the oldest grand-baby (for my parents) and youngest (Chango). So I send her tons of Happy Birthday wishes!!!! May she have an amazing day!!
More 11.11.11 news. When The Mr and I were engaged, I picked a wedding date, TODAY! Yes I picked 11.11.11. How did I pick today? Well I was working and carded someone to buy alcohol. His ID had today as an expiration date. I liked it and went with it. I even asked my niece if it would be okay to have our wedding on her 21st birthday. Didn't want to steal her thunder. Well here we are over 4 years later and no wedding. The Mr ended up enlisting in The USAF. We did a quick courthouse wedding and said we would have a big wedding TODAY, when we could afford it. Well here I am, today, sitting at home blogging, not at my wedding. What happened? Well about a year and a half ago, we started planning this wedding. Started researching venues, caterers, the whole bit. WELL, while researching we started seeing $$$$. It was adding up quick. We didn't want much in a wedding so it was affordable BUT did we really want to spend that much money on one day? It took us all of 5 minutes to decide we didn't want to spend that much money on a wedding. So no wedding. Looking back on it, I am so glad we made the decision not to have it. Not that I think weddings are a waste of money, but I have enjoyed our trips home, the new truck outside, providing for our son etc so much more. Would the wedding have prevented all that? I really doubt it. BUT, I just cant imagine having spent all that money on one day.
I suppose that is all for now. PS. new pics should be up on here within the next couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment