My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good News

Had a doctors appointment today. All is well and we are still having a boy. I had to have blood drawn today and for the first time ever, the nurse didn't get it on the first try. Every time I get blood drawn they look at my veins and say its going to be hard, they might need to get a pediatric nurse yada yada yada but it never fails they always get it on the first try. This time though she missed. Luckily, she didn't keep trying, she just called the doctor who came and did it. Now I have heard all these stories about how they will dig around with the needle until they get it. Lucky me I am pretty sure that is what the doctor did. She didn't get it first try either, however, she never pulled the needle out so she must have moved around until she got it. It didn't hurt or anything so I didn't think much of it. Now that I am home though, it hurts just to type this. I have never been sore or bruised after having blood drawn. I am not mad just find it interesting that Germans were the first to not be able to get it on the first try and the first to leave me sore and bruised HAHA. Oh well. So Little Man was all over the place today during the ultrasound. Maybe he knew his dad wasn't there so he wasn't about to cooperate. The Dr couldn't even get a clear shot of his face. She flipped on the 3D to try and see if she could get a shot that way but NOPE, he wasn't having it. So while I saw the 3D, there was nothing to see but blurriness because he moved way too much. She did confirm he is still a he. She also approved me to fly back to the states and even gave me the letter to fly in case the airlines give me any trouble. I will have another apt right before I leave just to be sure all is well. Super excited to go back to the states for a little vacay!

No comments:

Post a Comment