My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2 Month Update

Since I had surgery last Friday, The Mr had to take The Kid to his 2 month well baby appt without me. I could have called to reschedule but getting an appointment here isn't always the easiest AND he was already a 11 weeks old.  So all went well according to The Mr, he weighed in at or just over 13 lbs. That puts him in the 62%. That is a drop from the last time we went and he was in the 92%. His length is 61cm or about 2ft long. That puts him in the 71% for length. So he is doing great. Of course, 2 months means immunizations. They wouldn't do them that Friday for whatever reason, so I took him yesterday.  I was pretty nervous for shots. I thought I was going to cry as soon as I saw him cry. I did okay though LOL. Of course this isn't about me, it's about him. He did pretty good. He was happy and smiley when we went in. I felt bad knowing we were about to ruin his good mood. The look on his face the moment he felt the pain and was about to cry, broke my heart. I felt so bad. But he didn't try to flop all over or anything. He just cried and looked at me like I was supposed to help him. I really felt horrible. Thank goodness the guy was quick and it was over fast. He cried a little bit but by the time I put him back in his car seat he was fine. He went to sleep soon after. I did notice he was more fussy than normal all afternoon. I felt bad. Last night around 1am he did get a slight fever. The Dr prescribed some Tylenol, so I gave him some, fed him and back to sleep he went. His temp has gone down today and he isn't as fussy. I will be glad when we are past this. I am a worry wart when it comes to fevers. So hopefully he doesn't get another one. I am already dreading his next set of shots. It never ends...
On Sunday, our awesome friend came over to take Chango's Halloween pics. The weather has already changed here so it's pretty chilly out. It was a very quick photo shoot because I didn't want him out in the cold long. Once he started getting cold we were done. Regardless, she got some great pics. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment