My photo
This is a blog about our life. I started the blog because we lived overseas for my husbands job. That meant it was hard to keep family, back in The States, in the loop about what we were up to. It also became a great way to share my sons birth story with everyone who we wish could have been there. I slowly got busy with life & stopped blogging. Here we are in 2014, living back in the good ol' USA & as we make life changes I find this to be a great way to share my thoughts and save them for my son to look back on someday.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3.2.2011

WOW, March 2011 already. Time sure has flown by. I have a confession. I have actually been avoiding writing in the blog because I had some news to share but wanted to share it with family first. Now that the news is out I can share it here. We are expecting our first baby...child...kid...Uhh not sure how I am supposed to say that LOL. Anyways, I am 15 weeks along today. Yesterday was my first doctors appointment which is why we hadn't told anyone yet. I do not plan on talking about it very much if at all on FB. I figure if people want to know what is going on then they can check out the blog to keep up. I will probably ramble on about the pregnancy a lot on here. Here begins ramble one to catch everyone up on the journey so far.
We found out on Christmas Day that we are expecting. Merry Christmas HAHA. Since that day on I have had horrible nausea. That was not easy to hide. I am super thankful that it rarely got worse then nausea. I felt bad for The Mr though because some days it was bad enough that I couldn't make dinner without gagging. So he had many many sandwiches for the first trimester. Thank the lord for an understanding husband who didn't complain. He sure did like to make jokes though and try to make me gag even more. He laughed...I got mad LOL. School this session was rough because of the nausea. I would sit in class downing water because I felt like crap and something would trigger the nausea. Another day that was rough was my Partylite Party. I had tons of snacks for guests and there were a couple that I didn't even want to look at b/c they triggered the nausea. The consultant gave me a dip to make for guests. That was the WORST. Luckily all the guests said it tasted great. I just avoided looking at it. Then after the party some of the girls wanted to go out. Not a problem. Except trying to make excuses for not drinking wasn't easy. Good Lord...If someone ever tells me they aren't drinking I am not going to ask twice why not. Thanks a lot for all the peer pressure ladies! No I didn't give in, but it sure it hard to make excuses. I was also super tired because I had been up all day getting ready for the party. But I survived.  Another issue was talking to my mom. I talk to her on a regular basis. At least once a week. Sometimes twice a week. There were a couple times when I was on the phone with her and felt like crap. I just had to keep it to myself.  Of course The Mr was in the background laughing his behind off. 
What an adventure it has been trying to keep it a secret. 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment